We proudly serve approximately 10,000 people living in the Sultan & Startup areas. We operate out of one station that protects 72 square miles of primarily rural area in east Snohomish County.
The department employs a Fire Chief, two Deputy Chiefs, five full-time firefighters, and 20-30 part-time and volunteers who respond to approximately 1100 alarms per year.
We, the members of Snohomish County Fire District 5 are dedicated in our efforts to provide for the safety and welfare of the public through the preservation of life, health, property and the environment.
- Continue efforts to foster a culture of public service that meets the public expectation of professionalism, compassion and kindness.
- Develop a plan to lower the insurance ratings in the District.
- Develop a public safety education program that fosters community resilency in times of disaster.
- Develop an organizational structure that integrates fulltime, part-time and volunteer personnel.
- Find alternatives to apparatus replacement that recognize the increasing costs of initial purchase, maintenance, and fuel costs.
- Invest in technology that will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the District.
- Maintain a fiscally responsible financial plan that will support existing levels of service.
- Pursue a management structure designed to safely manage and supervise 50 personnel.
- Resolve the need for a headquarters fire station.